Even though he is no longer licensed, he is still allowed to provide "spiritual" counseling since he is an ordained rabbi. According to both the Reform and Conservative movement you can not "defrock" a rabbi, since ordination is considered the same as degree one receives in college.
- 1938 - Rabbi Mark A. Golub born around 1938. Grew up in Newton, MA
- 1961 - Graduated cum laude from Tufts University with a major in French Literature and minors in Psychology and Sociology
- 1967 - Ordained a Rabbi by the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in Cincinnati
- 1967-1969 - Chaplain in the United States Army (South Viet Nam)
- Early 1970s - Rabbi - Temple Sinai, Roslyn Heights, Long Island
- Late 1970s - Rabbi - Temple Beth Shalom in a Montreal suburb, Quebec, Canada
- 1979-1983 - Rabbi - Temple Israel, Akron OH
- 1990-1991 - Master's degree in education from the College of William and Mary
- 1990-1998 - Rabbi - Temple Sinai, Newport News, VA
- 1990-1998 - Jewish Chaplain at Langley Air Force Base
- 1996-1997 - Counselor Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
- 1996-1997 - Adjunct professor at Christopher Newport College
- 2001-2004 - Rabbi - Temple Emmanuel, Wakefield, MA
- 2004-current - Rabbi - Congregation Agudas Achim-Ezrath Israel, Malden, MA
- Rabbi Mark A. Golub
- Jewish Services (01/05/1990)
- NN Rabbi To Get Degree (03/07/1990)
- Briefs (05/16/1992)
- School/Youth Notes (05/21/1992)
- Religious Briefs (12/15/1995)
- Religion Briefs (07/13/1996)
- NN Rabbi Disciplined On Sex Charge - Counseling Licensed Pulled By State Board (02/17/1998)
- Peninsula Rabbi Loses Counseling LIcense Over Sexual Charges (02/18/1998)
- Rabbi Resigns From NN Syngogue (02/18/1998)
- Lawyer: Golub To Step Down As Rabbi (02/18/1998)
- State Revokes State Counselors' License (02/18/1998)
- Rabbi Leaves Synagogue After Discipline By State (02/19/1998)
- Rabbi loses license over sex charges (02/19/1998)
- Jewish Congregation Surviving Without Leader (03/281998)
- Pastor/Counselors Walk Thin Gray Line/Separating Codes of Conduct Important To Providing Care (03/01/1998)
- Spirited Celebration As Sanctuary Hits 50 (03/27/2003)
- Casting Bread On The Water Nourishes A Congregation Symolic Act Helps In Readiness For Jewish Holy Day (09/23/2003)
- Meet The Rabbi (08/29/2004)
- The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism - no background check needed (12/31/2004)
- Jewish Whistleblower (01/14/2005)
- Agudas Achim-Ezrath Israel (01/14/2005)
- Important Safety Alert Rabbi Allan Lehmann, Brandeis University's Jewish Chaplains (02/11/2005)
- Rabbi of ill repute recruits for unsanctioned text study (02/15/2005)
- A Rash Of Feminist Hate Speech (05/05/2005)
- The Case for CHA Education (07/01/2005)
- He, ``by his own admission, ... engaged in sexual relations'' with Client A, and called her at her home ``to discuss personal issues of his own, and talked to her in a provocative manner.''
- He made comments about the ``physical attractiveness'' of all three clients.
- He gave an undisclosed amount of money to Client A and Client B, and offered a job to Client B at his synagogue doing administrative work.
- He ``failed to maintain client confidentiality'' with Client B by discussing her mental health status with her former husband without her permission.
- He met Client C at a public library, ``where they discussed his offering a job to her.''