Cases Involving the Internet
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people; neither shalt thou stand idly by the blood of thy neighbor" (Leviticus 19:16).
The Awareness Center is currently on an extended sabbatical due to lack of funding. If you feel that the information our web page is worthwhile please consider making a donation to our organization. Suggested donation is $1.00 per page that you visit.
Cases Involving the Internet
- Case of Yisrael Abadi (Holon, Israel) (Teacher. Convicted of sexually molesting three children, aged eight to 10, in the synagogue where he teaches).
- Case of Leeore Batshaw (Winnipeg, Canada; Israel) (Was psychology Student at The University of Winnipeg. Convicted - internet sting on child pornography)
- Case of Yoav Biran (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet, also of preforming indecent acts on children. Also see: Case of Rafael Kaplanovsky and Case of Itai Snapier).
- Case of Yaron Blanc (Ariel, Israel) (Accused of using the internet to lure minors for sexual activity)
- Case of Rabbi Aryeh Blaut (AKA: Louis Blaut, Louis Steven Blaut, Louis A. Blaut, Louis S. Blaut) (Seattle, WA) (Convicted sex offender on federal charges of possession of child pornography. According to the United States Department of Probation, Louis Blaut is not allowed contact with anyone under the age of eighteen on the internet or in person).
- Case of Lewis K. Cohen (AKA: Keith Cohen, Lewis Cohen) (Milwaukee, WI; Silver Spring, MD) (Convicted after being charged with using a computer to facilitate a child sex crime and child enticement-exposing sex organs. Cohen used his work and home computers to engage in sexually explicit conversations with a 14-year-old boy in Internet chat rooms. The complaint also charges that Cohen sent nude photographs of himself and other males to the boy via e-mail).
- Case of Arnold Friedman "Capturing the Friedmans" (Great Neck, NY) (Convicted sex offenders). Also see: Case of Ross Goldstein and Jesse Friedman
- Case of Jesse Friedman "Capturing the Friedmans" (Great Neck, NY) (Convicted sex offenders). Also see: Case of Ross Goldstein and Arnold Friedman
- Case Andrew B. Goldstein (Pinellas, FL) (Kindergarten and Sunday School Teacher, Coach, Counselor was convicted of possession of child pornography and unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.)
- Case of David Goldstein, JD (Baltimore, MD) (AKA: David Bart Goldstein, Attorney at Law. Convicted on charges related to distribution and manufacturing of child pornography).
- Case of Rafael Kaplanovsky (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet. Also see Case of Yoav Biran and Case of Itai Snapier).
- Case of Rabbi David Kaye (Potomac, MD; Rockville, MD; San Antonio, TX) (There is a Call for Action on this case. Featured on "Dateline NBC" for seeking a sexual encounter with an underage boy in a chat room. NBC News conducted a sting in August, (2005) working with a group called "Perverted Justice." Members of the group, posing as underage boys and girls, entered Internet chat rooms and waited for adults to engage them in conversations)
- Case of Rabbi Israel Kestenbaum (New York, NY) (Convicted of child pornography on the internet)
- Case of Moti Lahav (Migdal Ha'emek, Israel) (Confessed to sodomizing and sexually abusing two male youths and one female youth he met via the Internet).
- Case of Rabbi Jerrold Martin Levy (Boca Raton, FL) (Convicted of two counts of soliciting sex through the Internet and two counts of child pornography. He was sentenced to six years and sex in prison. He was caught in the "Candyman" year-long sting operation by the US government.)
- Case of Jeffrey Libman (Davies, FL; Fort Lauderdale, FL) (Webe Web Corp. Alabama federal grand jury indicted Marc Greenberg and Jeffrey Libman for operating a child modeling Web site that gained national attention for posting provocative photos of underage girls. Both were charged with 80 counts of conspiring to use minors for sexual photos and interstate transportation of such photo
- Case of Howard Lichtenstein (Skokie, Illinois; Worth, IL) (Dentist convicted of indecent solicitation of a child.)
- Case of Simon Livshitz (Haifa, Israel) (Suspected in the trafficking of women. Charged with money laundering leading to property and funds confiscate by police).
- Case of Sergei Mayatski (Minsk, Belarus; Ashdod, Israel; Eilat, Israel) (Charged with of sexually abusing 13 year old teenager from Minsk, Belarus over the past three years. Mayatski admitted that he had sex with the teen, but said it was consensual and that it was partly done for educational purposes).
- Case of Rabbi Juda Mintz (Montreal, Canada; Williamsburg, NY; Atlanta, GA; Mt. Freedom, NJ; Los Angeles, CA; Venice, CA) (AKA: Yehuda Mintz. Convicted sex offender. Was arrested during an internet sting on child pornography and was sentenced to prison. His name does NOT appear on the national sex offender's registry)
- Case of David Newman (Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY) (Pleaded no contest to a felony lewd act against a 15-year-old. Also had a long history of charges relating to child sexual abuse and child pornography).
- Case of Yosef Sagiv Ofri - Israeli Vice Consul, Security Officer (Atlanta, GA; Tel Aviv, Israel) (Accused of using the internet and email in order to persuade a child to carry out illegal acts such as sodomy and severe sexual abuse. The Jerusalem Post reports that Ofri is a security officer with the consulate and carries an Israeli diplomatic passport. The Israeli Embassy in Washington confirmed that Ofri had been charged but refused to release more information on the case.)
- Case of Arthur S. Pomerantz (Silver Spring, MD) (School psychologist convicted, on charges of child sexual abuse, which included child pornography).
- Case of Roman Polanski Los Angeles, CA; Paris France) (AKA: Raimund Liebling. Filmmaker. Convicted sex offender who fled the United States following his arrest for drugging, raping and sodomizing a 13-year-old girl back in the 1970's)
- Case of Guy Joseph Raz (Pasadena, CA) (AKA: Guy Raz. Hebrew School Teacher convicted, plead guilty on federal charges that he used the Internet to solicit sex from a 13-year-old former student).
- Case of Rami Sabin (Magadim, Israel) (Headed one of 'most extensive human-trafficking rings in Israel's history' jailed and ordered to compensate victims)
- Case of Rabbi Edward Schlaeger, LCSW (Skokie, IL; Shelton, CT; West Haven, CT) (Convicted on charges of possession of child pornography.)
- Case of Boris Shimshishvilli (Tel Aviv, Israel) (Arrested as part of an operation launched by Tel Aviv detectives, in which an officer was sent undercover to purchase women over the telephone).
- Case of Grig Sholkin (Israel; Ukraine) (Convicted of human trafficking, assault and other charges, by his own admission).
- Case of David Silverman (Monroe, NY; Spring Valley, NY) (Convicted sex offender. David Silverman along with two friends (who are both fugitives in Israel) used MySpace to lure in three teenage girls to a nightclub near Javits Center).
- Case of Robert A. Singer (New York, NY; Washington DC; Falls Church, VA) (CEO, National Children's Museum arrested on child pornography charges, accused of using his work computer to send explicit images to others — including an undercover New York City detective)
- Case of Itai Snapier (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet. Also see: Case of Yoav Biran and Case of Rafael Kaplanovsky)
- Case of Ari Sorkin (Elkins Park, PA; Glenside, PA) (Hebrew school teacher, Synagogue youth worker, camp counselor. Convicted of molesting a 16 yr. old girl and on charges related to possessing child pornography)
- Case of Jacki Yazdi (Jerusalem, Israel) (Charged with raping two of his employees at Tropicana, a brothel that flourished in Jerusalem, prior to being shut down by authorities in 2003. This is a case that involves human trafficking).
- Case of Sanford Wasserman (Tamarac, FL) (Plead guilty in federal court to mailing videotapes depicting bestiality and simulated rape and torture.aded guilty in federal court to mailing videotapes depicting bestiality and simulated rape and torture.)
- Case of Joshua Adam Weinstein (Toronto, Canada) (Arrested and charged with two counts of sexual assault, four counts of sexual interference, and one count each of invitation to sexual touching and luring a child under 14 years of age (by Internet))
- Case of the Unnamed Internet Pedophile (Kfar Sava, Israel) (Arrested on suspicions he molested at least six children between the ages of 8 and 15 after luring them via the Internet.)
- Case of the Unnamed Forth Individual (Jerusalem, Israel) (Accused of distributing child pornography over the Internet, a gag order has been placed on the name).
- Case of the Unnamed Four Suspected Web Pedophiles (Jerusalem, Israel) (Arrested in connection with an international child pornography ring. Also see:Case of Yoav Biran and Case of Rafael Kaplanovsky)
- Case of the Unnamed Police Detective in Israel (Israeli police detective accused of sexual advances to an undercover agent posing as a 13-year-old girl over the Internet and on the phone.)
- Case of the Unnamed Man from Ramle, Israel (Ramle, Israel; Rishon Letzion, Israel; Tel Aviv, Israel) (A man was arrested after stabbing a 13 year old girl, over an argument over payment for her services).
- Rabbis, Cantors and Other Trusted Officials: Alleged and convicted Sex Offenders within Jewish communities
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.