Table of Contents:
- Alleged and Convicted Offenders
- Important Historic Articles Associated with Yeshiva University
- Enablers of Alleged and Convicted Sex Offenders
- Judge's Ruling Is Big Victory to Y.U. in $380M Sex Abuse Suit, Experts Say (8/16/2013)
- Waiting on YU (08/22/2013)
- Yeshiva University alleged to have kept insurer AIG in the dark about sex abuse claim
- Investigation: Y.U. sex abuse extended beyond high school for boy (8/26/2013)
- Yeshiva University failed to act on allegations of sexual abuse by its staff before 2001, new report says (08/26/2013)
- Victims’ Attorney: Yeshiva University Report On Sex Abuse ‘A Whitewash’ (08/26/2013)
- Yeshiva University President Expresses 'Profound Shame and Sadness' Over Child Sex Abuse Findings (08/27/2013)
- Y.U. Report on Sex Abuse Draws Mixed Reaction From Modern Orthodox (08/28/2013)
- Y.U. Report's Three Paragraphs Fails To Do Justice to Abuse — or Jewish Ethics (08/29/2013)
- Only 200 Words About Abuse (08/30/2013)
- Case of Richard Andron
- Case of Rabbi Tully Bryks
- Case of Rabbi George Finkelstein
- Case of Rabbi Marc Gafni (AKA: Mordechai Winiarz)
- Case of Rabbi Macy Gordon
- Case of Rabbi David Kaye (AKA: Yeshaya Dovid Kaye)
- Case of Rabbi David Kedmi
- Case of Rabbi Israel Kestenbaum, M.A., M.Ed.
- Case of Rabbi Baruch Lanner
- Case of Rabbi Gabriel Ohayon
- Case of Rabbi Michael Ozair
- Case of the Unnamed Rabbi at Camp Dora Golding
Important Historic Articles Associated with Yeshiva University:
- Report: Orthodox Union ignored youth leader's alleged abuse of teens (06/25/2000)
- By showing dangers, Lanner case broke down Orthodox wall of silence (08/09/2001)
- After long denial, Orthodox world begins to grapple with sexual abuse (08/10/2001)
- Pressure Builds on O.U. Ahead of Rabbi's Sex Abuse Trial (04/26/2002)
- Orthodox Rabbi Issues Warning on Sexual Abuse Says Community Needs To Learn From Catholic Church Scandal (12/07/2002)
- The OU, Revisited (01/01/2001)
- When Silence is not a virtue (02/07/2003)
Enablers of Alleged and Convicted Sex Offenders:
- Case of Rabbi Elan Adler (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Saul Berman (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Kenneth Brander (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Mark Dratch (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Richard Ehrlich (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Harlan David Kilstein (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Norman Lamm (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of David Pelcovitz, Phd (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Gary Rosenblatt (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Hershel Schachter (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Susan Shulman, MD (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Mordechai Willig (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Yori Yanover (enabler of sex offenders)
- Case of Rabbi Larry Yudelson (enabler of sex offenders)
Yeshiva University President Expresses 'Profound Shame and Sadness' Over Child Sex Abuse Findings
Christian Post - August 27, 2013
By Paul Berger
Forward - August 28, 2013
- Which members of YU’s board are on the committee that oversaw the investigation team?
- How many alleged abusers have been identified by the investigation team?
- How many victims have been identified by the investigation team?
- In addition to Y.U.’s Manhattan high school for boys, at which other Y.U. schools were instances of physical and sexual abuse discovered?
- Once the litigation is complete, will YU commit to releasing the report in full?
- Scagnoli did not respond.
By Rabbi Irwin Kula
Forward - August 29, 2013
Victims’ Attorney: Yeshiva University Report On Sex Abuse ‘A Whitewash’
Top Manhattan Private School Admits Problems, But Not Enough For Some
CBS News - August 26, 2013
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO
Only 200 Words About Abuse at Yeshiva University
The Forward - August 30, 2013
FAIR USE NOTICE
Some of the information on The Awareness Center's web pages may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.
We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml . If you wish to use copyrighted material from this update for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.